Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Assignment 2

It has been a while since my last posting--a factor of being too busy, no doubt. :-)

Assignment 2 has been handed in and I have to say it was an interesting experience. Linking a technology trend to a learning theory and then doing a PowerPoint presentation to capture all the salient points was a very different type of assignment in my experience. It was a great way to pull ideas together in a succinct but meaningful way.

On a different note, one of the reasons I started doing this program was to learn more about the field in which I am working. I have never studied part-time while working before and have also never done a solely distance program. While I like the flexibility that the online courses provide, they do take discipline. The key is getting into some kind of routine to do all the work.

The most difficult thing for me by far, though, is the realisation that I could (and, arguably, should) be doing a better job on the assignments. The problem I am finding is that with so many commitments both personally and professionally it is difficult to really give 100%. Consequently I find myself having to say that something will have to be "good enough"--not a motto I would like to live by but is the reality of my situation now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home